It all started with a Mouse- Week #12

Image result for mickey mouse and walt sketch

CCabc7chicago

Walter Elias Disney was an amazing man in my opinion. He was born Dec. 5th 1901. He was 1 of 5 children in his family.  Walt often sold his little drawings to his neighbors(how cute!). He once brought a mouse to school on a string leash. He named him Mikey, but got in big trouble with his teacher. At 16 years old, he wanted to join the army. However, he was to young for the army so they rejected him. He joined the Red Cross instead and drove and ambulance. Walt had always wanted to start an animation, so he did.

He returned and started working for an art studio. Their he met Ubbe Iwerks, an artist. Walt hired him and some of his friends to work at his new studio Laugh-O-Gram. They made so many short enjoyable cartoons, but they didn’t make enough money; so Walt had to declare bankruptcy. Walt did not dare to give up on his dreams yet( I admire that!). He move to HollyWood, California with his brother Roy. They named their company “Disney Brothers Studio”. He hired Ubbe Iwerks again, and many other animators. They came up with Oswald the Rabbit. Sadly, Universal Studios took all of the animators except for Ubbe, and they even took Oswald.

Disney still would not give up(Ya!). He created a character named Mickey. He made a cartoon called “Steam Boat Willie”. It included Mickey and Minnie. He even did the voice for Willie. It was a huge success. Later he made Goofy, Donald, and of course Pluto( Who doesn’t want a dog sidekick!). Steam Boat Willie was the first animated cartoon with sound.

Later in 1932, he wanted to make an outstanding full-length film. People thought he was crazy for trying to make a film for so long. They didn’t think he could pull it off(How dare they!:( ) But he did it! “Snow White and the seven dwarfs”. It was released in 1938 and was a huge hit. 🙂 He later made more movies like Pinocchio, Fantasia, Bambi, Dumbo, Alice in Wonderland, and Peter Pan. Later during WW2, he slowed down with his company to help with U.S  propaganda. Later, he wanted to make T.V shows. He made Mikey Mouse Club House, Davy Crockett, and Disney’s Wonderful World of Color.

Disney Land(I love it!). Walt wanted a Park with attractions of his movies to come alive. It was built in 1955 for 17 million, and Walt later wanted to make a Disney World in Florida. Sadly he died. 🙁 He sadly had lung cancer. Even though he died, his parks still remain here this day. People still go. Movies are still being made. Disney World was built. This whole thing was started by a boy who dreamed of being an animator. He never gave up, and that is what led him to success. This is why I admire him so much. He never gave up on his dreams which makes me want to carry on. Right now his daughter Diane owns Disney. I’ll always miss Mr. Disney!
Image result for Oswald and mickey with disney

Please comment below on a famous person you admire. List why you admire them. Thanks

There is also these cool links below. One of them I really enjoyed because I was their for the 50th Disney Land. I got to see the exact show. It’s so sweet.

Link 1   Link 2